[Gambas-user] Firebird driver

Daniel daniel at ...889...
Fri Sep 30 23:55:55 CEST 2005

PV wrote:

> On 30/09/2005 17:36, Daniel wrote:
>
>> yes
>> i write this driver
>> the library is the ibpp 2.3.5 ?
>

> yes, no problems or complaints from the compiler during compilation.
>
>> you give the correct name, password ... etc ?
>

> yes.
>
>> you have access to the server with isql ?
>

> hmm... this makes me think.
> Does the driver work both with a SS Firebird and with a CS one?
> I run a Classic one: any problems with it?
> On my box anyway, no problems to access the db through isql.
>
>> you have a login and password config. in firebird ?
>

> yes
>

> Ciao,
> Piero

ok
after you have installed gb.db.firebird, you make this command
1) ./reconfig    _#### significant ####
_1.a) rm makefile in ./gb.db.firebird and in ./gb.db.firebird/src
2) ./configure
3) make clean
4) make
5) move the libs ./src/.libs/gb.db.firebird.so gb.db.firebird.so.0 and
gb.db.firebird.so.0.0.0 in /usr/lib

daniel