[Gambas-user] sdl component

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Sep 25 16:14:36 CEST 2005

On Sunday 25 September 2005 15:20, monty wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Is it possible to play 2 mp3-files at the same Time (mix) ?
>
> I tried  Music.play, but it only can play one file because its static.
> Channel.play only plays Wave-Files.
>
> What i want to do is a simple mp3-dj Software as you can see here:
>
> http://www.madq3clan.de/monty/phpkit/include.php?path=content/content.php&c
>ontentid=15&catid=5&themeid=0&PHPKITSID=c46371d7dbda65bb914ca419c74e2afa
>

> Thanks for any help, monty

Ha! Already thought about that...

SDL can only play one music track at once, and won't be useful for that :-(
Channel only plays sounds located in memory, which is not practical with big
MP3 songs...

There is no simple way for doing that - Except finding a library that could
play several sound files at the same time from disk, or hacking in the SDL
source code (After all, SDL can play one MP3 from disk, and several waves
from memory...)

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...