[Gambas-user] The Gambas Book

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Sep 25 16:05:55 CEST 2005

On Saturday 17 September 2005 22:31, John Rittinghouse wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Just to clarify things about the book I have been working on. It is not
> a "for profit" book.  I have agreed to put the material in the public
> domain after the book is published, had cleared this with the publisher
> long before this issue came up.  It has NEVER been my intent to write
> this book for money. In fact, I am fronting most of the cost of
> publication for this book myself.  I simply wanted to create a better
> set of documentation for the Gambas community as a whole since I feel it
> is something I can do fairly well.
>
> Some have already started flaming me and that is fine.  I don't want to
> upset anyone...if there is anyone out there that feels I have slighted
> them or may be trying to take advantage, simply send me an email and I
> will try to respect your wishes about using material you may feel is
> owned by yourself regarding the book.
>
> As an aside, and for general interest, material, any material,
> copyrighted or not, that is placed in the public domain can be used for
> any purpose as long as it is properly cited and referenced and credit is
> given where appropriate (WIPO rules, not mine).  I have never intended
> to do anything other than the best job i can to try and further the
> Gambas project. I apologize in advance if I have offended anyone.
>

> John W. Rittinghouse, Ph.D., CISM

Hi, John.

I apologize for letting people think that you could "steal" the documentation.
I just wanted things to be clear for everybody around there.

My fault was that I didn't think about the documentation licence, which is by
default copyrighted by their respective authors.

And I think it will be cool if the chapters of your book could be integrated
in the online documentation.

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...