[Gambas-user] Creating excutibles in version 2

Stefano Palmeri stefanopalmeri at ...152...
Mon Sep 19 01:17:29 CEST 2005

Alle 10:34, domenica 18 settembre 2005, PV ha scritto:
> Thanks Stefano, that's very useful information!
>
> To create an alternative "user" configuration (so that upgrading to a new
> KDE version won't sweep your changes away) I created the files in point 1)
> and 2) in my personal KDE dir (simply change YOURKDE from /opt/kde to
> ~/.kde, Slackware 10.1, KDE 3.4).
>
> Regarding point 3), instead of changing the "central" mime magic file, you
> can safely create a new directory ~/.kde/share/config/magic/.
> In this new directory, create a text file named gambas.magic with the same
> line as indicated by Stefano and finally restart the KDE session.
>
> This way you won't touch any original conf files and you don't even need
> root access to make the changes.
>
> Hope it helps.
>
> Ciao,
> Piero

Ciao, Piero.

I know that is possible to do the job in $HOME./kde, but
with my kde 3.2.3 on Slackware 10.0 the local "magic"
overwrites the general "magic" and all mime types and
their relative icons were lost. I don't know if this is a bug
of my kde version or what else. I was forced to do
a system wide configuration...
I think it's time that the KDE team provides a magic file
with support for Gambas...

Stefano