[Gambas-user] Creating excutibles in version 2

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Sun Sep 18 08:05:31 CEST 2005

On Sat September 17 2005 18:59, Stefano Palmeri wrote:
> Hi all. This is a little 3 steps HOWTO to make Konqueror run gambas
> applications when you click on it.

Thanks, I'll try to integrate this into my RPM's in the future.  Maybe
there's even a GNOME/KDE agnostic way to do it.  One thing though...

> WARNING: next file already exists!!! You have just to edit it... Be
> carefull!!!
> 3) Edit the file "YOURKDE/share/mimelnk/magic" and add this line:
> 0      string     #!/usr/bin/gbx    application/x-gambas

I wonder if there's any way to get this file to include other files,
or a .d directory, or something else that would prevent users from
having to edit this file (and prevent my package's postinstall script
from having to add the line and the postuninstall script from having
to find and remove it.)

Rob