[Gambas-user] ireport

Christian Faure christian.faurebouvard at ...357...
Thu Sep 15 11:57:21 CEST 2005

----------  Mensaje reenviado  ----------

Subject: Re: [Gambas-user] ireport
Date: Miércoles, 14 de Septiembre de 2005 12:59
From: Christian Faure <christian.faurebouvard at ...357...>
To: "isy21 at ...1082..." <isy21 at ...1082...>

El Miércoles, 14 de Septiembre de 2005 04:25, escribió:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for your respon,
>
> last night i found the answer, because i use query like "select
> a.ftrxseries,a.ftrxno,a.ftrxdate,b.fqty,c.fstockname from ttrxhdr a,ttrxdtl
> b,titem c where a.ftrxseries=b.ftrxseries and a.ftrxno=b.ftrxno and
> a.fbranch=b.fbranch and b.fitem=c.fitem and ftrxseries='INVOICE' and
> ftrxno=4 and fbranch=4"
>
> my table like this one (in mysql 4.11)
>
> table name: ttrxhdr
> ftrxseries char(10)
> ftrxno integer
> fbranch smallint
> ftrxdate date
>
> table name: ttrxdtl
> ftrxseries char(10)
> ftrxno integer
> fbranch smallint
> fitem integer
> fqty integer
>
> table name titem
> fitem integer
> fstockname char(40)
>

> i not use recordsource0 and recordsource1, all i set in recordsource0
> but anyway, i see in xml file, i can see mypassword on database
> Can i set user and password on gambas.
>
> I means:
>    when i clik report in main form modul then i send my user and password,
>    because some of table can not be access for everyone, like salary
> database only can access by selected user. can i do that ?

After building and test your report, you can open the xml report in a text
editor and remove login and password like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<P>
 <C ... Login=""  Password=""  ... />
</P>

and save.

In report viewer,
when you open this xml report,
the viewer try to connect to database,
if it fail to connect (no username nor password), then it prompt for database
connection params.

it can help now, but for next version i include this requested feature.

> one more question, if you don't mind...
> it is true ?

Each question help me to write FAQ's :-)

> that i only can set new report design by re-run
> dbreportdesigner ?.

Yes,
due to some problem in memory management.
It's a workaround and must be solved for ...future version.

> By the way, you done a good report designer
> thanks for your help
>

> Ignatius

i need to setup mysql on my machine and compile mysql component of gambas to
try your example  :-( ...it take a moment...
please be pacient.

Thanks for your time to help me in debug task :-)

PD:
The SQL clause give :
Query failed: Column 'ftrxseries' in where clause is ambiguous

using mysql 4.10