[Gambas-user] Re: Underscores in Control Titles

A Person kztyrvlq at ...966...
Thu Sep 15 04:35:36 CEST 2005

Good Day . . .

Two ampersands do not work. I tried everything possible over a couple of
months. The KDE ampersand function has a higher priority than Gambas so
it overrides any Gambas choices. (my guess).

I had limited success with graphics. Special characters such as '<' and
'<<' do not generate ampersands in KDE 3.4.2 although they did in an
earlier version or maybe it is the newer Gambas. I tried spaces before
and after. I tried quotation marks. I tried using raised labels instead
of buttons. I tried . . .

I could not find a way around the 'feature' other than removing the
earlier mentioned component. This is not really a problem unless you
want to use a KDE control such as DatePicker.

This has cancelled one of my projects. I was writing a Bingo program
that had 150 buttons. It is totally ridiculous to have the underscore
show up randomly across the form.

I want to try REALbasic when it evolves into a workable environment just
to get around this problem (and none graphical indexed controls).

Hope this helps.

Paul