[Gambas-user] Re: BIG BUG in gb 1.9.19

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Sep 3 16:02:05 CEST 2005

On Friday 02 September 2005 12:38, danielcampos at ...282... wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> I recommend to not use Gambas-1.9.19, the IDE is absolutely broken, even
> using Fabien's patch. Keep Gambas-1.9.18 in safe place!
>
> I think it is moment to stop that run to nowhere at full speed, and leave
> time to fix all that is done in developement version. It is full of bugs,
> and each time it is more difficult to collaborate in the project with that
> continous changes without having any tool like cvs or subversion. No way to
> continue improving things in that way, I can not guess every time what will
> be the next change that will break all! :-((
>

> Regards,
>
> Daniel Campos

I apologize for the broken development package. The break was caused by The
SCAN instruction I added at the last time - Something that *never* be done,
as you noticed.

Moreover, I added this instruction for a test, I don't really need it at the
moment... It is related to the implementation of something like the 'ByRef'
VB keyword.

If you find that I run to nowhere at full speed, maybe it is because you don't
understand, mainly because I don't explain each step clearly. So please ask
questions and tell me when you want to know why I do that, and why I don't do
that, and so on...

All this information actually exists, but in different places: the slides i
made for the FOSDEM, the freemind roadmap on the web site, some notes in the
wiki...

If you find the development version full of bugs, please tell me. Generally, I
fix them when they are told me.

As for CVS/Subversion, I know that this is needed. There are only two
problems:

- I never took the time to learn CVS/Subversion, and I don't have any time at
the moment... :-(

- We must be able to put binary files, and I read that CVS can't deal with
that. And Sourceforge only provides CVS, no Subversion.

But if anybody having the knowledge makes a Subversion for gambas, no problem!
I will use it... And if the guy could add a bugzilla, this will be
perfect :-)

It just a matter of time, and having a server plugged on the internet.

Two things that I don't have at the moment. Next year should be better!

I will try to fix the packages tomorrow morning. Tomorrow evening, I am in
Paris, and without Internet connection :-(

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...