[Gambas-user] Accessing parallel port...

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Sat Oct 22 19:35:30 CEST 2005

On Sat October 22 2005 13:00, Primorec wrote:
> write your stuff in C using http://parapin.sourceforge.net/
> and talk from GAMBAS to the parallel port through system call

It depends.  Parapin's only good for pin-level stuff.... largely
homebrew projects where you use individual pins for signaling.
I looked at it last year for a 80's joystick conversion project,
but luckily I found a way to do it over USB instead.  He might
just be able to open /dev/lp0 read/write to do what he wants to
do, though setting ioctl's and the like might be a problem.

Eventually, I imagine someone will write both pin-level and
traditional parallel port components, but that will take someone
who has both a need for such functionality and a familiarity
with C or C++... and is not afraid of the Gambas API ;)

Rob