[Gambas-user] A Beginner's Guide to Gambas

Scott sclewin at ...1126...
Sat Oct 15 16:29:23 CEST 2005

Hi,

    I have started reading the book and I like it, I am very new to
Gambas and programming and this looks like it will be a big help, thank
you.  I just have a few questions/comments from what I have read so far;
I'm up to page 37.

    First, I was very pleased to see comments on proper programming
practices.  Thanks to you I will now make sure to name my variables
using the variable type in its name.  Also, I noticed you mentioned
"QUIT" to be used in a program to end it.  That has never worked for me
in version 1 or 2 of the program, I will have the program end, but a
console will pop up with the message, "WARNING: circular references
detected Form1 (1) Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy
WARNING: 2 allocation(s) non freed.".  I have been using "ME.Close" and
that seems to work well to quit.

--
Your friend,
Scott

http://www.bmts.com/~sclewin

"No one is good at everything, but everyone is good at something"