[Gambas-user] Re: Edit and Delete using MySQL problem

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Oct 14 13:47:48 CEST 2005

On Friday 14 October 2005 11:01, Arief Bayu Purwanto wrote:
> 2005/10/14, Arief Bayu Purwanto <ariefbayu at ...626...>:
> > Hi Guys, I have some question on update and delete a record.
> > I want to create an app that record all my friends.
> > I've manage on add and find data, but when I create a routine to edit a
> > record,
> > It's return a error telling me that the query is incorrect.
> > But when I execute the query using mysql CLI it word fine.
> >
> > I'm using a sample edit routin from John's book at page 334.
> > I atach my project for you guys to check it.
> >
> > TIA
> > BTW : good work john, it's a GREAT book!!!.
> >
> > --
> > -- Yahoo!ID : ar1ef_310
> > -- http://www.silentstudio.net
>
> Ups, forgot the attached project :(
>
> --
> -- Yahoo!ID : ar1ef_310
> -- http://www.silentstudio.net

I looked in the book, and effectively, the example is false!

DB.Find(x, y, ...) or DB.Edit(x, y, ...) generates the following request:
"SELECT * FROM x WHERE y".

In other words, y is a WHERE clause (as said in the wiki).

You can see what is sent to the database server by setting DB.Debug = TRUE.

Benoit Minisini