[Gambas-user] Newbie

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Wed Oct 12 18:59:39 CEST 2005

On Wed October 12 2005 11:19, K Windle wrote:
> > Thanks for the response. Any personal suggestions on book
> > titles/authors? There appears to be so many but as I've found in
> > the past only a few are usually worth anything.
> Hmm not that im aware of, though i will make one small seggestion
> check out www.realsoftware.com

Yeah, RealBASIC is also in the same league as VB and Gambas, and there
are 6 or 7 books out there about it (it has the advantages of being
very well-established and recently cross-platform with a nice MDI
user interface, and the disadvantage of costing $400 a seat for each
platform with no source.)

I found the VB for Dummies book useful for getting an intern up to
speed 6 or 7 years ago.... no idea how good it would be now, or how
applicable it would be to Gambas.

Rob