[Gambas-user] Variable numbers of arguments

Fabien Bodard gambasfr at ...11...
Tue Oct 11 22:47:20 CEST 2005

Le Mardi 11 Octobre 2005 15:29, vinians a écrit :
> Hi again!
> I need to make a function like 'printf' which have a variable number of
> arguments how to do this in Gambas?
>
> Function MyPrintf(sFormat as String, Args as Variant...) as String or
> something like this ;P
>
> ps. I dont want to use Arrays but true variable parameters
>
> Thanks in advance

it exist in gambas :)

subst(MyPatternString as String, Args as String,...)

Like :

PRINT Subst("Hello &1, i'm &2 year old", "dude", str(age))

http://64.128.110.55/help/lang/subst

You can do a function yourself... but dynamic argument exist only in gambas2
with the '...' statement and param class.

Fabien Bodard