[Gambas-user] Developing a gambas component using gambas.

Dani Santos jose.santos at ...429...
Tue Oct 11 08:59:55 CEST 2005

Let's see. I may have no understood the previous Mail...

El lun, 10-10-2005 a las 13:04 +0200, Benoit Minisini escribió:
> On Monday 10 October 2005 08:40, Dani Santos wrote:
> > Thanks Benoit. I thought that the creation of gambas-based components
> > was more dynamic.
>
> More dynamic in which way?

You say icons are hard-coded in the IDE and that the component must be
inserted in the comp directory in the source tree.

I thought that I could develop a component an add it to the code of my
project as, for example, a form or a class (in the same way I did in
VB), or compile it and add a Reference to the compiled component in my
project so it can use it.

In other words: let's suposse that I want a component which consists in
a label that displays its text in red forecolor; let's suposse that it
is of vital importance to me :-) , but a complete nonsense to other
programmers. I thought that there was an easy way to make a component
like that and add it to my project.

> > The component I am developing will reproduce one ActiveX Component that
> > I used in my VB programmer days to easy the development of the
> > applications but I'm not sure if it will be useful for other.
>
> What does your component do?

In my VB programmer days, I developed VB applications against M$ Access
Databases. Most of the forms of the applications I developed consisted
in formularies that recolected data from the user and most of the
controls of the applications had common needs; i mean:

- TextBoxes that took only numeric values (integer or float).
- TextBoxes that took only upper-case values.
- TextBoxes that took only Valid DNI Numbers (Spanish Identification
Cards).
- TextBoxes with a search-button that showed a grid with posible values.
- etc, etc.

Those controls also had the same behaviour: "Enter" tabbed to the
following control, if you clicked with the mouse on it, the whole text
of the TextBox was selected, etc.

It was the same code in the same events all the time so we developed a
simple control that once it was correctly initilized it easied a lot the
development of the application.

That's what I'm doing just now (in a very alpha version ;) ).

> > I think I will follow programming my app without that component but I
> > will code all the logic of the component into a class so it will be easy
> > to create the component if people find it useful.
> >
> > Regards.
> >

> Regards,

I'm currently starting to develop an application that, firstly, will
complement the application we use to control the library of the High
School I work at (its a widows app)  and later substitute it (or so I
hope ;) ).

Regards and thank you very much for your interest.

--
José Daniel Santos Delgado
Programador del IESO Quercus (Malpartida de Plasencia)