[Gambas-user] how to use embedder?

tetsuo tetsuo at ...756...
Thu Oct 6 10:04:19 CEST 2005

Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 October 2005 10:20, tetsuo wrote:
>
>>Hi all, someone knows how to use "embedder" component in gambas 1.9.20?
>>I didn't find anything about it...
>>

> Quickly:
>
> - MyEmbedder.Embed(X11WindowId) to embed an existing window.
> - MyEmbedded.Discard to cancel the embedding.
>
> Or you can execute a child process by giving it the MyEmbedder.Id as argument,
> and, in the child process, call 'Application.Embedder = MyEmbedderIdArgument'
> to automatically embed the next opened window inside the parent process
> Embedder control.
>
> Regards,

ok, thanks benoit ... but i have another problem now:

I've tried to embed a "xterm" window manually opened from WM , and it
works perfectly. In this case i have got the WindowID from "xwininfo";
how can i get the X11WindowId of external window launched from a gambas
application (for example an xterm started with EXEC or with SHELL)?

...and then, is it possible to obtain the X11WindowsId of an external
application launched from extern of gambas application (pheraps i can
get the list of opened windows in the WM)?