[Gambas-user] Image storing and retrieving

Marcelo Confortino mconfortino at ...1153...
Wed Oct 5 21:50:02 CEST 2005

Benoit Minisini escribió:

>On Monday 03 October 2005 12:58, Marcelo Confortino wrote:
>

>>Hi! Does anybody know how to store and retrieve an image in a MySQL
>>table? I succeeded in storing a jpeg in a medium blob or blob column,
>>using the 'load_file' MySQL function, but when I try to move the blob to
>>a PictureBox I get the message 'Wanted picture, got string instead'. Any
>>ideas? Thanks.
>>

>Blobs are not supported yet, because of the many differences between the
>different DBMS.
>
>Try to:
>- Put the blob string in a temporary file.
>- Give this file an extension that matches the picture format.
>- Load the file in a Picture object.
>- Set MyPictureBox.Picture with this picture object.
>
>Regards,

Thanks, Benoit. I've already done that, and it works. I was looking for
something simpler. By the way, is it possible to do something like

dim a, b, c, d as string

when we need to declare several variables of the same type?

Thanks again. M.