[Gambas-user] Firebird driver

PV oreip at ...1...
Mon Oct 3 00:32:40 CEST 2005

On 30/09/2005 23:55, Daniel wrote:

> ok
> after you have installed gb.db.firebird, you make this command
> 1) ./reconfig    _#### significant ####
> _1.a) rm makefile in ./gb.db.firebird and in ./gb.db.firebird/src
> 2) ./configure
> 3) make clean
> 4) make
> 5) move the libs ./src/.libs/gb.db.firebird.so gb.db.firebird.so.0 and
> gb.db.firebird.so.0.0.0 in /usr/lib

This is what I've already done before, I tried once again but with no success:
Gambas still raises signal #6 and dies.

Here's the offending code:

PUBLIC SUB Button1_Click()

   DIM c AS NEW Connection

   WITH c
     .Type = "firebird"
     .Host = "localhost"
     .Name = "/opt/firebird/data/mydb.gdb"
     .Login = "blabla"
     .Password = "blabla"
   END WITH

   TRY c.Open
   IF ERROR THEN
     message("Error: " & Error.Text)
   END IF

END

Stepping through the code I can see that the crash occurs (not surprisingly) on
the Open instruction.

I have full access to the db and the directory tree containing it, user login
and password do exist and I can connect without any problems to the db through
isql.
Also, no problems to connect to an existing sqlite3 db in Gambas.

Can you see any glitches in the above code or is anything missing?

Thanks,
Piero