[Gambas-user] Dealing with keycodes

S Krupa Shankar shankarkrupa at ...43...
Sun Nov 27 20:10:09 CET 2005

Hello all,

I am a new gambas user, living in Chennai, India.

I like gambas very much, almost a boon to me to
program in Linux.

I have a question to start with. Since key.code
property is read only, would it be possible to disable
the user's input in the textbox/textarea by any other
way?

For example, in Visual Basic, if we expect only
numbers and the user types 'a'... we can check for the
keyascii value. If it is not in the 48-63 range, we
can set keyascii=0. So now the 'a' wont go to the
textbox.

Is there something we can do like that in Gambas? Or
we shall deal with it in the textbox's change event?