[Gambas-user] Signal #11 (was Return Code 245 from SDL)

Dominique SIMONART simonart.dominique at ...11...
Tue Nov 22 22:59:11 CET 2005

Le Mardi 22 Novembre 2005 11:01, Benoit Minisini a écrit :
> On Tuesday 22 November 2005 00:38, Dominique SIMONART wrote:
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > I think I found the origine of the message! Here is how to produce it:
> >
> > a GridView on a Form
> >
> > Form1_Open()
> > 	grd1.Rows.Count = 1
> > 	grd1.Columns.Count = 1
> > 	grd1[0,0].Clear
> > 	grd1[0,0].Picture.Load("myPath" &/ "myFile")	' --> signal #11
> > END
>
> The GridView[x, y].Clear() method does not work correctly, do not use it.
>
> But the next line can't work anyway, as you can only use the Load method on
> an existing picture, and the picture of a void cell is a null object.
>
> You must do:
>
> DIM hPict AS NEW Picture
>
> hPict.Load(...)
> grd1[0, 0].Picture = hPict
>
> Regards,

Thanks Benoit,

In fact, it is the way you say I use in my real project (89 pictures loaded at
the start time and then I initialise my GridViews with them. As soon as I
suppress the Clear method, everything works fine.

Is there another way to erase my picture? Actually, I just put another picture
in it to simulate the absence of picture!! It is like you repaint the
blackboard each time instead of wash it!
regards
Dominique