[Gambas-user] Re: Scheduling a Task

A Person kztyrvlq at ...966...
Sun Nov 13 23:09:08 CET 2005

Sunday, 13 November 2005

Benoit, Thank You for the quick reply.

I cannot start a Gambas program by clicking on it. Further investigation
suggests that "gambas $Home/gambas_executable" does not work.

FYI,

1. If I load into a desktop icon, it starts.
2. If I "Run Command," it starts.
3. If I click in Konqueror, it does not start. Window asks what program
to use. If I type in Gambas I get an error message ending with,

     "Not a directory:(name of project)/.project
     "Project.ReadProject.1243"

then the normal splash screen appears.

4. Will not start by double-clicking in Krusader.
5. Permissions, executable checked.
6. KCron does not start a Gambas program. I loaded a text editor five
minutes before and five minutes after. Both started but not the Gambas app.

One very unusual thing. usr/bin/gambas does not display as an executable
file in Konqueror. Specifically the tooltip displays,

Name:		gambas
Type:		Unknown
Size:		1.7MB (1,752,004)
Modified:	2005-09-05 15:29
Owner:		root - root
Permissions:	-rwxr-xr-x

In my environment, executable files are a blue wheel type icon. gambas
displays as a 'page' icon.

My install was through rpms and not the YaST updater.

I will assume that the install was flawed and I will reload. YaST does
show 1.0.11 available. I hope that the screwed up SuSE files are
repaired. Will follow-up.

Paul