[Gambas-user] TableView Problem

Eilert eilert-sprachen at ...221...
Thu Nov 3 12:24:40 CET 2005

Hi Fernando,

nando schrieb:
> Why does the data disappear when scrolled ?

Does it? Not with my TableView :-) At least, I've never seen that.

> If one is to have a TableView with data from many tables in MySQL,
> this means that all scrolling and clicking REQUIRES the MySQL
> queries be performed repeatedly because the cells are 'erased' every

Anyway, a long time ago some professional programmers taught me to take
care of having 3 layers of program code in my projects: saving/storing,
process/warehouse, display.

In this case it would mean you just have to follow consequently this
rule for the TableView. "Never let a graphical control
store/handle/process your data", so was their advice. Following it,
saved me a lot of hassle through the years.

Now I will look if the TableView really fires events all the time... :-)

Rolf