[Gambas-user] SHELL WRITE command

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Thu May 19 17:47:12 CEST 2005

On Thursday 19 May 2005 05:51, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> You must check before than the program you run needs a terminal,
> otherwise things may work differently (like 'ls') or not at all
> (gdb I think needs a terminal for example).

Sorry, I forgot to mention this in my previous reply to Tom. Yes, ssh
does require a terminal.  My solution to this in the past was to
write a perl wrapper that opened a virtual terminal (invisible to the
user) and ran ssh on it, passing input and output from and to my
Gambas program.

I imagine with the advances in the development version, you'd be able
to do it all in Gambas, but this is something that's running in
production so the stable version is required.

Rob