[Gambas-user] Problems with ampersand in a string

Rolf Schmidt rolf.frogs at ...221...
Wed May 11 09:33:06 CEST 2005

Hi everybody out there

I try to query a postgersql database where the string contains an ampersand
char which results in an error.

So I try to substitute the "&" with a "%" char and use the "like"-operator,
but I didn't see any modification after the substitute command:

     tmp = Replace$(string1, "&", "%")

even with charset conversion

   tmp = Replace$(string1, Conv$("&", System.Charset, "UTF-8"), "%")

I also tried the "qoute"-Operator, which doesn't help either.

What are my mistakes?
In use is Gambas 1.9.3 - because I'm waiting for new Debian packages at linex
(does anybody knows, when they are available?).

Many thanks for help
Rolf