[Gambas-user] TableView gray column width?

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon May 9 15:54:48 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 04 May 2005 08:32, Eilert wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Just ran into this problem: How can I adjust the width of the very first
> (gray) column in a TableView?
>
> It adjusts itself when strings are inserted which are bigger than
> before, i. e. it widens itself. But it does not narrow afterwards, even
> when you reduce the number of Rows and Columns to 0 and start all over.
>
> The problem is that
>
> TableView.Columns[0].Text
>
> refers to the first string in the gray column, but
>
> TableView.Columns[0].Width
>
> refers to the width of the first normal (white) column!
>
> In my project, I use the same TableView for 2 different sorts of tables,
> one which just has the automatic numbers in the gray column and 2 white
> columns with data, and another one which uses the gray column to display
> names and has a number of further white cells behind it. When you switch
> back to the small table, the numbers appear in a very wide gray column,
> but it cannot be narrowed anymore.
>
> What can I do?
>
> Rolf

Did you try to hide the header and to show it again ? Maybe it could help.

The QT QTable widget is somewhat specific, so I can't use its features too
much.

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...