[Gambas-user] OT: GTK component and Ubuntu development

Daniel Campos daniel.campos at ...338...
Mon May 9 12:14:33 CEST 2005

Thomas Mathiesen escribió:

>I am thinking of building a so-called "Domain Authentication Utility" for
>Ubuntu.
>In-short, this utility will setup a domain server and on clients, it'll add
>the clients to this domain (using openldap + samba + kerberos ..and mail
>etc.).
>
>To be able to release gambas-based applications on Ubuntu, I seriously need
>the gtk component, as Gnome is default on Ubuntu.
>
>Is there a timeline for the release of Gambas 1.9.6 features in a stable
>release?
>(From my point of view, the 1.9.6 is very stable).
>
>I think it'd be a breakthrough, and will maybe lead to gambas runtime becoming
>a standard package in Ubuntu (www.ubuntulinux.com).

By now, there are packages for Debian (and Ubuntu) from the 1.0.x
series, but
there are packages of the 1.9.x series for Linex (a Debian based system,
too). May
be the packager of both branches (José L. Redrejo) will be able to tell
you more, but
I think soon the 1.9.x will be the only official packages for Debian
systems...

Regards,

D. Campos