[Gambas-user] Non - Displaying Text

A Person kztyrvlq at ...966...
Wed May 4 19:49:38 CEST 2005

Wednesday, 4 May 2005

I'm new to Linux BASIC but not VB. Please help me.

I OPEN/READ a 1.4mb data file and randomly choose one line out of 26460
lines of text to print to a textlabel. Some text does not display. In
particular, if a line has the less than '<' character then it and all
the following text does not display.

My playing around suggests that it and others maybe special characters.
(1) Can anyone help me find the other special characters?
(2) How can I display the text? I tried '<<' but it did not work. The
prospect of editing a 1.4mb text file for all the other special
characters and work arounds is a show stopper.

Any help is appreciated.