[Gambas-user] A bug or just not understanding

Jim Ward zjimward at ...626...
Fri Mar 25 22:36:05 CET 2005

It dawned on me how to pass data from the second from back to the
first. (Just trying to over think things by letting object bother me.
*duh*) Any way the following:

STATIC PUBLIC FUNCTION Run(OPTIONAL dCurDate AS Date = Now()) AS Date

Give me an error message which says: Missing AS

When I change it to:

STATIC PUBLIC FUNCTION Run(OPTIONAL dCurDate AS String = "") AS Date

Everything works fine. Now maybe only strings and numeric types are
allowed as optional variables, but it would be nice to pass dates in
this manner also. I'm hoping this is just a bug which i've found. If
not, please let me know the proper synax which I should be using.
Thanks.

I've attached the full project for testing and making sure I didn't
make a big mistake.

Regards,
Jim