[Gambas-user] Gambas on cover of Linux Format #64 (March)

Jim Ward zjimward at ...626...
Wed Mar 23 18:50:25 CET 2005

I'm always suprised at how many people consider basic a toy language.
I've had some pretty massive manufacturing account systems running un
BASIC, as well as a host of other enterprise worthy packages. I've
used lots of breeds of BASIC, Pascal, COBOL and some C and Java, but
for doing prototypes and standard applications BASIC has a place. No
offense, because C is great for standard applications too and BASIC is
hardly the systems development tool of choice. For the past 5 years
I've tried to let people know that Linux needs a BASIC development
tool and am glad that GAMBAS is finally here. Keep up the great work
guys. It appears people are beginning to pay attention.

Regards,
Jim