[Gambas-user] Grid Problem

Gilles Leblanc gilles.leblanc at ...626...
Sat Mar 19 16:49:31 CET 2005

I have an update on my Grid problem for those interested. I have found
an akward way to have a grid refresh, but refresh correctly
nonetheless.

If I do :
myGrid.visible = FALSE
myGrid.visible = TRUE

Each time I change the background picture of a cell(s) the refresh
happens correctly.

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 08:34:43 -0500, Gilles Leblanc
<gilles.leblanc at ...626...> wrote:
> As soon as I get home I will send you my current project which is
> currently rather small.
>

> On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:32:44 +0100, Benoit Minisini
> <gambas at ...1...> wrote:
> > On Thursday 17 March 2005 14:23, Gilles Leblanc wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have started a small project with Gambas and I am so far impressed by it.
> > >
> > > I am developing a map editor with Gambas for a game I am writing (
> > > starting to write rather... ). I am using a grid to display the map. I
> > > have made this sub :
> > >
> > > PUBLIC SUB grdMap_Click()
> > >
> > >    grdMap[grdMap.Row, grdMap.Column].Picture = PictureBox1.Picture
> > >    grdMap.Refresh
> > >
> > > END
> > >
> > > When I click on the first grid cell nothing happens. When I click on a
> > > second grid cell the first one I clicked changes. When I click on a
> > > third one the second one changes and so on.
> > >
> > > I have also made a flood fill function which fills all the cells with
> > > the same picture. When I use the flood fill the cells do not change
> > > but if I use the scrollbars on the grid, the cells which weren't
> > > visible at first are changed. And when I scrollback the first cells
> > > have rechanged.
> > >
> > > It almost like the cells aren't refreshing.
> > >
> > > I would be grateful for any insights as to the cause of this problem.
> > >

> > The GridView control seems to be a little buggy :-)
> >
> > Please can you make a complete project that shows all these bugs for me ? It
> > will make debugging more easy.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > --
> > Benoit Minisini
> > mailto:gambas at ...1...

It take 47 muscles to frown and only 23 to smile. But it doesn't take
any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.