[Gambas-user] Multiline strings

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Thu Mar 17 22:57:10 CET 2005

On Thursday 17 March 2005 15:25, ptitoine at ...402... wrote:
> I'am programming a small app in gambas and i do not know how to (if
> it's possible) have multiline string like in VB for exemple

You can do it like this:

mystring = "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" &
   "yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" &
   "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

I don't even think you need that underscore.  It messes up the IDE
when you try to debug it though, because the interpreter and the IDE
seem to count the line numbers differently when you do this.

Rob