[Gambas-user] shell and exec with wait

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Thu Mar 17 16:35:09 CET 2005

On Thursday 17 March 2005 04:54, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> In Qt, the signal handler that is raised when a process is
> terminated (SIGCHLD) writes to a socket, so that an event can be
> generated in the event loop.
>
> I think I can use the same trick. I must see... But the right way
> is having the pselect() system call in Linux :-)

I really think that SHELL ... WAIT FOR READ *should* throw an error!
I could see adding a Shell() or Exec() function that runs a program,
waits for it to finish, and returns its output immediately (like my
Backtick function, but without the awfulness) but what's the point in
having an event-based interface for a totally synchronous operation,
especially with these hoops you need to jump through to do it?

Rob