[Gambas-user] Current Volume Output

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Wed Mar 16 16:27:09 CET 2005

On Wednesday 16 March 2005 03:20, Daniel Oxley wrote:
> This looks good.  I have 1 question though Rob.  What is "buf" in
> the line "read #soundin, buf"?

Buf is a string, and is the buffer into which the audio data is read.
See the docs for READ # at:

http://www.binara.com/gambas-wiki/bin/view/Gambas/LangREAD

Buf can actually be any non-object type, but if it weren't a string
with a length specified, Gambas would try to read the binary
representation of that type from the stream, and I dunno what would
happen but it couldn't be good.  Sorry for not specifying it was a
string... I actually had forgotten you could even use non-string
types there (and perl's similar "read" function uses a string.)

Rob