[Gambas-user] Oh dear... Gambas Source (implement blob into gb.db)

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Fri Mar 11 15:39:22 CET 2005

On Friday 11 March 2005 06:46, Thomas Kleindienst wrote:
> I had the idea to implement blobs into GB.db myself, but I'm lost
> in the code (dunno where to start)
>
> should be like:
>
> dim ba as byte[]

I think I asked this before, but I don't think anyone responded.
What's the downside to just adding a join() method to the Byte[]
class, since inserting blobs as strings seems to work fine?

Won't your modifications to gb.db just be implementing a join()-like
functionality anyway, internally to the component?

Under what circumstances would you use byte[] in Gambas rather than
string[] or integer[]?

It looks like the code that maps blobs to strings is
driver-specific.... in src/lib/db/mysql/main.c and
src/lib/db/sqlite/sqlitedataset.cpp.  In the case of mysql, I'd say
you need to change it so a BLOB becomes a GB_T_OBJECT and do what you
need to do to allocate the object and populate it.  Either that or
you can look at DB_Format in src/lib/db/main.c and try to add code to
accept GB_T_OBJECT arguments and then verify that they're Byte[]
arguments, then do pretty much the same thing as the GB_T_STRING and
GB_T_CSTRING cases do.

That's where I'd start, anyway, not having looked at the db component
and drivers until 5 minutes ago.  I'm copying gambas-devel because
we're getting into devel territory.

Rob