[Gambas-user] more form colors

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Tue Mar 8 21:14:31 CET 2005

On Tuesday 08 March 2005 13:09, Neil Fallon wrote:
> I wasn't making any demands.  I was simply asking questions.  If
> you don't ask questions you don't get answers.  If the questions
> annoy you for some reason then don't respond to them.  Let someone
> else respond.

You'll still need to ask somewhere else about your "Qt themes under
GNOME" issue, because none of us can do anything about it.  If Gambas
under GNOME causes any inconveniences as is, the gb.gtk component
should help alleviate them when it's complete.  Telling you to use
the fix I suggested or go somewhere else was perfectly called for,
even if being flip about it wasn't, and I stand by that answer.

I should also clarify that while my business hosts the wiki, I do most
Gambas stuff on my own time and I'm here as a random nerd, not as a
businessman.  So I don't feel constrained by any requirements to be
professional except as regards the code (and to a lesser extent, the
documentation) I submit.  If you don't like the tone of my help, I'm
sure Evolution has a mail filter you can turn on to avoid reading it.
People have been screaming about how rude the Linux kernel guys are
for a decade now and yet, here we are, using Linux.  I'm not too
worried about driving away all the VB users, when they arrive, and I
feel pretty good about driving away the ones who will inevitably try
to treat the Gambas user list as a general Linux support list.

If you do get a positive response on the "Qt widgets should inherit
GNOME styles" issue in some other support venue, please let us know
which one.  I have a feeling the GNOME guys and the KDE guys will
each point you at the other.

Rob