[Gambas-user] sqlite3

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Tue Mar 8 15:28:28 CET 2005

On Tuesday 08 March 2005 06:06, Neil Fallon wrote:
> Does Gambas work with SQLite3?  I just installed the latest version
> of SQLite and the latest version of Gambas.  When going to the
> database manager and trying to go to the sqlite server I get an
> error message stating that Gambas cannot find the database driver
> for sqlite.

Maybe whoever packaged it didn't have sqlite on his system.... sqlite
has to be installed at Gambas compile time in order for the component
to be generated.  In Mandrake, sqlite is in contribs, not the main
distribution, so I get a lot of complaints from people downloading my
packages without a contrib source set up.  (Unfortunately, there's no
way to make a requirement "optional" with RPM.)

If you have slocate or something like it installed, try searching for
"lib.gb.db.sqlite.so" on your hard disk.... if it's not there, then
whoever built it for Fedora didn't build the sqlite driver.

Rob