[Gambas-user] Problem with the EXEC[] function

Rolf Schmidt rolf.frogs at ...221...
Mon Mar 7 19:56:49 CET 2005

Hi  Benoit Minisini:

> > I'm going to handle the database setup outside of my gambas programm -
> > and wait, until you find a solution for the EXEC-problem (or the database
> > interface becomes better).
> >  - Even with #hDB.exec("create table table (id serial primary key,...)")
> >    problems arise, because postgresql gives a warning on stderr.
[]

> Tell me which warning: I think it should not be a problem at all. Just a
> warning message.

psql:pgdatabase:2: HINWEIS:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY erstellt implizit

This means:
psql:pgdatabase:2:WARNING:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY creates implizit

This message(s) arise, if a table field is defined to be "serial" which means
auto incremental.

BTW: I have another problem with this -> I get an error from gambas if there
is no value for an autoincremented field which is by default defined not to
be null!
So I have to use the #hDB.Exec-function to generate the insert command. What a
pitty.

Regards
Rolf