[Gambas-user] modem

Jean-Francois Perreault cmcpero at ...142...
Mon Mar 7 19:17:10 CET 2005

it should be something like /dev/ttySx ...    /dev/ttyS0 /dev/ttyS1 etc..

but your modem is a winmodem those are hard to get working on linux
because they don't use the serial
port like the external modem and don't have an embbedded uart like real
hardware modem do

first thing you need to make this work is a driver for your kernel

run lspci to know the exact brand and model or your modem
from there it's possible to find out if your modem is supported and if
yes which driver you'll need

it is very likely that your modem is not supported however