[Gambas-user] multi-dimensional constant string array, gambas at ...880..., joystick interface, gambas-win32

Jean-Francois Perreault cmcpero at ...142...
Fri Mar 4 20:35:16 CET 2005

Hi,

to develop more on the joystick interface problem

in File_Read
when I run
READ #hjoystick , fLastEvent

I do that to grab 8 bytes chunk from /dev/js0
also I could use a string instead of a float but I feared that
because gambas is UTF-8 internally , that at some point the bits
would get mucked around

reading from Visual basic hardcore , what I would need would be
something like CopyMemory (real name is RtlCopyMemory) and VarPtr

then later I could do something like

(iValue is a 2 byte short , fLastEvent is a 8 byte float)
    CopyMemory VarPtr(iValue),VarPtr(fLastEvent) + 4, 2

I doubt this is possible with gambas (or wise ? there's no garantee on
how the float is
actually stored right ? it could be compressed or something !)