[Gambas-user] problem with the File class

njmurphy1 at ...734... njmurphy1 at ...734...
Fri Mar 4 20:01:19 CET 2005

Hi Jean-Francois

 I did some tests and you are correct the size property of a FILE only returns
zero.  I then tested it by using SEEK #FILE, Lof(FILE) to move the file
pointer to the end of the file to see if this effected the size property.
But alas it did not.  But Lof() does return the correct file size.  So use
Lof(FILE) to get the size.

 But I also tested other properties of a file and none of the properties I
tested returned correct values.  LastAccess, LastChange and Time all return
the same value.  I suspect this indicates that all of the properties of the
FILE object are being set to default values, by the default constructor, that
have nothing to do with the actual file that is associated with the object.

 I have been doing my testing with version 1.02 so maybe this is a history
investigation.  If I get some more time I will test with a more current
version.

Joseph