[Gambas-user] VB to Gambas

Eilert eilert-sprachen at ...221...
Thu Mar 3 10:02:28 CET 2005

Hi Charlie,

is it possible to use this with array objects? I've been trying around a
bit here, but no hope.

Two questions:
First: when I try STATIC PUBLIC like in your example, I get an error
message "ProgType is static" when trying to stuff something into the
variable. So I changed it to a simple "PUBLIC", then it was ok. Why's that?

Well, now this:

This is an example of what I tryed based on your example:

' Gambas class file ProgType

PUBLIC Name AS String[]
PUBLIC Pfad AS String[]
PUBLIC Verzeichnis AS String[]

'This is in another class (form)

PUBLIC Prog1 AS NEW ProgType

or

STATIC Prog1 AS NEW ProgType

and in a SUB there:

	Prog1.Pfad.Add("hello")

The automatic list appears, so Gambas understands this is an array
object, it offers "Name", "Pfad", .Add etc., everything ok so far, but
when I run it I get this "Null object" error.

Why?

I tried to declare the array at different places and in different ways,
but there is always the same error.

Rolf