[Gambas-user] Handle Binary Data with gb.db

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Mar 1 17:20:27 CET 2005

On Monday 28 February 2005 15:27, Thomas Kleindienst wrote:
> Hello List!
>
> Is there any possibility to write a blob into a database?
>
> I've binary information (it's a png-file) in a
>    byte[]
> array. I want to store this in my database as a blob, but I don't know how
> to do it with gambas...
> Any help appreciated...

Alas there is no support for blob at the moment in the database manager.
Adding it could be a good idea...

> btw... Is there a possibility for
>   image or picture
> to load the image not from file but from
>   byte[] ?

No, but you can write byte[] contents in a temporary file and loads it with
Image.Load().

> Thanks and regards,
>
> Thomas

Benoit Minisini