[Gambas-user] vb2vg

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Tue Mar 1 03:16:24 CET 2005

On Monday 28 February 2005 17:12, Eldon Eller wrote:
> I want to do a Gambas version of a VB app I have written. I
> downloaded and extracted vb2vg. I now have a directory

You probably shouldn't use vb2gb or frm2form anymore... they were
both very rough.  I think the next version of Gambas should have
my form/project converter built in (right, Benoit? ;) ) but if
you need it right now, let me know and I'll post an unofficial
gambas2 IDE for you that includes it.  It will require
gambas2-1.9.3, but I think the resulting projects will work in
gambas 1.0.

> convert, QD2.frm. As I understand, the usage should be vb2vg
> QD2.frm. If I open a terminal and cd to ~/Documents/vb2vg and
> type "vb2vg ~/Documents/vb2vg/QD2.frm", I get the message
> "bash: vb2vg: command not found." What am I doing wrong? Any
> suggestions will be appreciated.  EEE

Under Unix-type systems, the current directory is not
automatically in your path.  You need to do this:

./vb2gb ~/Documents/vb2vg/QD2.frm

I have no idea if that's the right syntax for vb2gb, either, but
it should at least run the program.  If it still doesn't work,
right click on vb2gb in Konqueror's file manager, select
Properties, and turn on the Execute checkboxes.  (Or just type
chmod 755 vb2gb while you're in that directory.)

Rob