[Gambas-user] RE:Re: [Gambas-user] Licence program writed in Gambas.

jcostello at ...903... jcostello at ...903...
Sun Jun 26 22:41:11 CEST 2005

Hi,
That is a thing I really do not understand. You use a GPL software for your program, and then YOUR program becomes GPL, with all its implications (free, you cannot make money with it, and have to release the source code).
This really restricts the developers who can be aided by free software. I think that the word "free" means you can do anything you want with the software, even selling it, making money with it, obviously mentioning the people who programmed the parts you used.

Maybe this is an Offtopic, but I felt posting it here as one person started with it and was not critizised.

Thanks.

Juan

-- Mensaje Original --
Enviado por: Daniel Campos <danielcampos at ...282...>
Fecha: 26/06/2005 20:21:11
Para: <gambas-user at lists.sourceforge.net>
Título: Re: [Gambas-user] Licence program writed in Gambas.

Arkadiusz Zychewicz escribió:

> can i make in gambas program on nonGPL licensing?
> if no, why not?
>
> BTW. it's a good question to FAQ.

You can look in the gambas-user and gambas-devel lists archives, there
are some mails about this, written
a time ago. You can learn more in the www.gnu.org web page too.

But yes, you can do it. However if you want to use the gb.qt component,
you must pay a commercial license to
Trolltech.

Regards,

D. Campos