[Gambas-user] Error while trying to start Gambas

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Jun 24 13:10:40 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 22 June 2005 22:04, Chad Auld wrote:
> Thanks Rafael,
>
> That's a bummer.  I kind of figured someone would say that.  I've had
> 1.0.6 running before on my Fedora Core 3 laptop with no issues, but
> this is the first time I've tried in 64bit.  Well this and a few other
> issues on the 64 bit version of Ubuntu may send me back to the 32 bit
> version.
>
> On 6/22/05, Rafael de Jaime Juliá <supersonik at ...626...> wrote:
> > Hi, it seems related to the problem I have running it on Ubuntu Hoary
> > ppc... It segfaults on start, and when i try compiling 1.9.9, it
> > complains about my system being big-endian. So it may be that gambas
> > code is not processor independent? That must be a bug...
> >
> > 2005/6/22, Chad Auld <chadauld at ...626...>:
> > > Hello Gambas users,
> > >
> > > I am running Ubuntu Hoary 5.04 - 64 bit Linux and having issues when
> > > trying to start Gambas.  I first tried to install the pre-built
> > > packages I found in Synaptic.  They installed fine, but I received the
> > > following error when trying to start the app:
> > >
> > > sizeof(CLASS) = 256 !
> > > ERROR: #51: Bad archive: Invalid argument
> > >
> > > So I pulled the packages back out and tried compiling Gambas 1.0.6
> > > from source.  Again, it appears to have compiled and installed
> > > properly, but I get the same error when trying to start it.
> > >
> > > Any ides? Let me know. Thanks in advance!  Chad

Actually, Gambas was designed to work in big and little endian, so a segfault
is a bug. But Gambas code can't be compiled in 64 bits mode. I will do that
when I have a 64 bits machine :-)

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...