[Gambas-user] GAMBAS PACKAGE

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Fri Jun 17 16:44:04 CEST 2005

On Friday 17 June 2005 02:32, BUDI ARIEF GUSANDI wrote:
> When i create installation package from gambas, are all gambas
> component included there too ?

No, they become dependencies of the package.  On any modern Linux
distribution the package manager will automatically install them
(assuming that gambas is available from the distro's package
repositories) when you attempt to install a Gambas application's
package.

> How to make my app. created in gambas clickable to run (like i put
> on desktop and double click it will launch the app.)

It varies by distribution.  On Mandrake (and I think debian-based
distros and some others) you need to include a file called
/usr/lib/menu/(name of package) that looks like this (here's the one
for fakebas:)

?package(fakebas):command="/usr/bin/fakebas" icon="fakebas.png"
needs="X11" section="More Applications/Development/Development
environments" title="Fakebas" longtitle="Unsupported MDI Development
Environment for Gambas" startup_notify="true"

"Section" is the section of the menu in which it should appear.
"startup_notify" indicates that the window manager should provide
visual feedback while it's starting, the way KDE puts a fake entry in
its taskbar until the program starts up.  I think the rest should be
pretty self-explanatory, but if not, let me know ;)

If you install the above file in /usr/lib/menu under Mandrake or
debian, and have your package run "update-menus" in the %post script,
shortcut files and menu entries for all the major window managers
will be generated.  At one time, I was auto-generating this file in
the Gambas RPM generator.  It looks like Benoit still has the code to
do this as of 1.0.4... don't have a copy of the newest Gambas IDE
source where I'm sitting now, but I do know package generation is
broken in 1.9.x.

Rob