[Gambas-user] Re: Time Help

Michael Murphy ebtmike at ...626...
Tue Jun 14 03:36:16 CEST 2005

Thanks for the help guys, my clock is now 98% working. :)

Two more questions:

I want the user to be able to change the speed of the clock, I know
how to let the user change the speed (timer1.delay = textbox.text).
What I want to know is if the user wants to enter the speed 6:1 or 4:1
ect. since this is the way clock speed is usually thought of this way.
But when I do this I get the error "string entered, int expected" or
something like that. How do I make it so the program can take this in?
Something tells me there is a math operation involved or something but
I'm not to sure. If you need me to explain my problem better please
let me know.

My other question is making the program executable. I know how to do
this but my system does not know how to run the executable. It pops up
asking me what program to use to run it. Any help here is appreciated.
:)

I'm new to programing with Gambas (have programed in visual basic) but
I never did a program like this (has you can tell). Thanks again.
--

Mike

It's called fishING. It's the act of fishing. - Jake SG1