[Gambas-user] Disconnected Result in TAbleView

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Jun 10 10:23:12 CEST 2005

On Thursday 09 June 2005 04:30, BUDI ARIEF GUSANDI wrote:
> Benoit Minisini wrote:
> >On Tuesday 07 June 2005 13:31, BUDI ARIEF GUSANDI wrote:
> >>Dear All,
> >>
> >>is it that Tableview is only bound to result object ? will it might be
> >>possible if we know the structure of result object so we can add or
> >>create data on the fly and we can add/delete data from tableview without
> >>affecting database, something like disconnected recordset in ADO ?
> >>i use gridview to manipulate data within grid, but the lack are it has
> >>no header and row higlighting so it's hard to use keyboard to select
> >>row. Any work around ? unbound editable grid is one of vital components
> >>in making database app.
> >>
> >>Regards,
> >>Budi
> >
> >TableView is bound to nothing. It just displays what is returned in its
> > Data event.
>
> Interesting, how can i add some data inside then without using result
> object. Possible ? please help.

Look carefully at the code of the database example, where TableView displays
the result of a query. (FRequest:83)

The TableView control raises a 'Data' event each time it needs to get the data
from a specific column and row. You just have to fill the Data property of
the TableView control with the needed information (at least the Text
property). This information don't necessarily come from a Result object. You
can put what you want!

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...