[Gambas-user] process.kill

Matthias Laur matthias-laur at ...978...
Tue Jun 7 08:41:32 CEST 2005

Hi,
I've still a problem with process.kill. I see live video with the mplayer
from /dev/video32. The mplayer has the parameter -wid and belong to a
drawing area of a gambas form. So long it works fine. For termination I try
myprocess.kill. But after then the /dev/video32 is still busy and I can't
start the process again. If I use EXEC ["kill", cstr(myprocess.id)] it works
and /dev/video32 is free after then. It works for many times, but sometimes
the whole application freeze after then and I must close it. I don't
understand why, but I think the linux kill is to heavy und not a good
programming.

1. Can you tell me the difference between Linux command "kill id" and the
gambas command process.kill?

2. How can I make sure that the device /dev/video32 is free after the
command process.kill?

Many thanks for your help

I use Gambas 1.0.6

Regards,