[Gambas-user] MySQL Component Error ?

BUDI ARIEF GUSANDI budi.a.gusandi at ...626...
Mon Jun 6 12:57:34 CEST 2005

Nigel,

Yes, i have tried the two selects within mysql shell. Here is the point :
1. When i execute the two selects one by one. I've got the correct result.

mysql> select version();
+-----------+
| version() |
+-----------+
| 4.0.18    |
+-----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select database();
+------------+
| database() |
+------------+
| test       |
+------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

2. When i execute both together, it gave me error. I cant figure it out
why...

mysql> select database()
    -> select version();
ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that
corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use
near 'select version()' at line 2

3. As point number one above works, so i try to execute both queries one
by one in gambas (not all the select queries in the same time). But the
result is totally different with what i got in mysqlshell.
i wrote this :      "select version();"  -->i execute-->column name =
version() and data returned "4.0.18".  so this is correct.
i clear the query text.
i wrote again:   "select database();"  -->i execute-->column name =
database() and data returned "4.0.18".  so this is still incorrect.
Note :  i run this in gambas DB manager and via code as well.

It's supposed to give the same result as point number 1 above right ?

Budi