[Gambas-user] compiling with gtk

Peski - peski_2k at ...67...
Sat Jul 30 15:16:24 CEST 2005

Hi,

At first , Welcome to Suse's problem club ;-)

I also have a Suse (9.2 and 9.3), and have more or less, same problem.

You need also glib, atk and pango, that I remember...
In spite of install this packages, probably, you can't use this component.
Now, I can compile it, but with may warnings, and the result is that gambas
work fine, but doesn't work the gtk component.

I have speaking with Guillermo Ballester (unofficial suse rpm package
mantainer) about this, and He have same problem. He can make package of last
versions, but if you use it, the problem is same that if you compile gtk
component with warnings: gtk doesn't work in spite of compile is finalize.
We think that this problem is due to patch that Suse have apply to gtk
version available in his distributions. At this moment, We haven't any
solution...

If you want try run it, for install all necessary packages, my recomendation
is that install apt for suse.

With apt you can install last update rpm without problem. Example, for
install last gtk2 rpm available, you should make this in shell: "apt install
gtk2"
With only this command, apt will download gtk and all his dependencies, and
will install it.
For search any program, you use: "apt-cache search name_to_search",and in
seconds, a list of package with string searched in his name appears in
screen.
First of all, you must syncronize the package list with server. For this,
you make: "apt-get update" (see *update*, don't *upgrade*. Upgrade is for
upgrade all your system to last version of your installed programs).
If you want, you can use a GUI, as synaptic for more friendly use.

Here for more information about apt for suse:
http://linux01.gwdg.de/apt4rpm/

Regards,
Peski

PD: Last recomendation about apt. If you have problem with unsigned package,
you can dissable signed check with --disable-checksig (ex: "apt install gtk2
--disable-checksig")
PD2: If you get run gtk component correctly, please send a mail to this list
for announce it.